IPSC Canada Regional Director approved PractiScore as a scoring program for any L1, L2 and L3 matches in Canada. PractiScore app works on Android and iOS/Apple phones and tablets and allows to deliver match results faster and save time for Match Director and Stats Officers.
We encourage all Range Officers and Match Directors to get familiar with the system. Here is a short list of good practices to follow, especially for a large matches:
- Name your scoring devices used by ROs according to stages or shooting bays (see Import/Export / Device Name in the app) and put a sticker on the front of device with device name, so you’d always use same device for same stage
- Always pull scores only to a dedicated master device (i.e. avoid pulling scores between scoring devices). This makes it easier to investigate issues in case of any troubles (and also easier to find scores if anything is missing).
- When pulling data from scoring devices, keep an eye on the battery levels.
Educate ROs to keep device screen off while not scoring to save battery
- Lock individual stage to devices (to avoid scores entered to a wrong stage). It is a device-specific setting.
In Android app, see stage editing screen, entry menu (vertical dots) on the right
In iOS/Apple app, see lock icon on the right of the stage entry
- MD can enable “Secure Match” mode to prevent stage ROs to change competitor info at the stages (secure pin/password will be required to make changes)
- In Android app, you can also enable score logging in match setting. If you have an SD card in device, select a folder on sd card. This will create a human readable log of all saved scores